Under general supervision, Mechanic will work with our current mechanic’s and operator’s to repair, diagnose and resolve mechanical problems. Mechanic will be required to learn how to run street sweeper and perform general maintenance and repair.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in positions allocated to this class. The examples of work performed are neither restricted to nor all-encompassing of the duties to be performed under this job title.
- Routine servicing in addition to overhauling of all diesel engines.
- Responsible for the maintaining and repairing a fleet of Trucks
- Accurately charging/Ordering parts and labor to work orders.
- Accurately insert issues and resolve them in Fleetio.
- Inspecting the motors and also identifying malfunctions.
- Switching out engine aspects as well as properly putting them together.
- Routine maintenance such as oil change, filters, tire pressures, Hydraulics, and other routine maintenance that may be needed.
- Able to fix any breakdowns on sweepers during the day, depending on their location, may require driving maintenance truck to repair sweeper.
- Electrical troubleshooting.
- Hydraulic troubleshooting
- Able to read and understand Engine Diagnostics
- Able to read and understand Wiring Diagrams
- Able to operate Forklift
- Able to perform some Welding and Fabrication
- Capacity to identify particular malfunctions in the equipment.
- Should have exceptional communication skills to communicate with drivers as well as management.
- 2 to 5 year in diesel, hydraulic and electrical systems as well as drivetrains.
- Clean DMV Record, Class B or A with Air Brakes or able to acquire within 3 Months.
- Self-starter, accountable, reliable and trustworthy.
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile service calls